Maintaining good health plays a key role in leading a happy life as a healthy lifestyle can help prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses.
Therefore why not try to engage your people in their personal health and wellness with monthly health campaigns targeting issues your employees are facing.
Did you know that?
- 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem at some point
- Cardiovascular disease causes more than a quarter of all deaths in the UK
- 62% of adults are overweight or obese in the UK
- Exercise can reduce your risk of major illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer
- Smoking causes at least 15 different types of cancer
- 507,000 workers suffered from work-related musculoskeletal disorders in 2016/2017
- In the UK, in 2015 there were 8,758 alcohol-related deaths
How does it work?
The annual health awareness programme provides targeted campaigns to engage your people in their personal health and wellness. Working with you, we’ll inspire your employees to lead healthier lives by helping them make informed and sustainable wellbeing choices to live well, stay healthy, feel fitter and work better.
The Health Awareness Campaigns Calendar is easy to implement and you can bespoke the topics as you wish. A popular and effective method of selection is to align the topics with national health awareness days. Simply select 12 subjects from a selection of 24 health topics, these include:
- Healthy eating
- Move more, sit less
- Coping with pressure
- Work life balance
- Know your number
- Healthy lifestyle
- Healthy heart
- Mental health
- Stay healthy on shift
- Back care & posture
- Managing fatigue
- Coping with change
- Healthy ageing
- Take care in the sun
- Winter health
Each monthly campaign toolkit includes 3 fact sheets, a top tips poster, a support leaflet signposting your people to national support agencies associated with the topic. In addition, you will receive monthly announcement text to launch the materials and weekly top tip messages to keep your campaign alive.
If you are interested in learning more about the Health Awareness Campaigns Calendar, please visit the website on www.yourwellnesshub.co.uk. OR If you wish to receive a FREE consultation on your Workplace Wellness Strategy, please email email@example.com and we will organise this for you.